"Where Is God When Life Comes Crashing Down?"
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE/ NRB PRESS
MEDIA CONTACT: Gregg Wooding, I AM PR
972-567-7660 / firstname.lastname@example.org
War, inflation, Illness, death, and politics are listed among Americans' greatest worries -- but Veteran Author and "The Prayer Investigator" Host Linda Evans Shepherd reminds readers, "God is not caught by surprise!"
LONGMONT, Colo -- Linda Evans Shepherd returns with her bestseller "'Praying Through Hard Times" (Baker/Revell), showing readers how to see God in times of trouble.
With compassion born from her own experiences with tragedy, Shepherd, host of "The Prayer Investigator" who currently has written 38 books, offers practical strategies for surviving difficult times, giving your worries and sadness to God, praying through the pain, and finding peace, hope and joy once more. Praying Through Hard Times shows you how tough experiences can draw you closer to God than ever before.
"God's answer to prayer may not come packed in the ways we would expect, but they do come in ways that still form our lives," Shepherd says. Check out Linda's recent "The Prayer Investigator" interview with a Ukrainian missionary whom God blessed by saying "No!"
In recent years, God called Linda to say "Yes" to new opportunities by birthing in her the Arise Esther Movement, the upcoming Arise Esther Virtual Conference, and Arise U; all places where the women of the church can gather online to receive the training they need to fulfill God’s call in their own lives. Linda also publishes the multiple EPA award-winning Leading Hearts Magazine, as well as Arise Daily, a daily e-devotional written by the members of AWSA.
She has written numerous books, including the best-selling Praying Through Every Emotion, When You Don’t Know What to Pray, Praying God’s Promises, and When You Need to Move a Mountain. Her prayer books have sold over a quarter of a million copies and frequently achieve the number one position on Amazon.
Linda is also a novelist, an internationally recognized speaker, and has spoken in Canada and throughout the United States and Europe. She’s shared the platform with notable speakers like Philip Yancy, Carol Kent, Patsy Clairmont, Lysa Terkurst, Chonda Pierce, Dr. Charles Stanley, Michael W. Smith, and Stormy Omartian.
Linda loves spending time with friends and family, is married to Paul and is the mother of two.
Learn more about Linda, her prayer ministry and books at www. gottopray.com
# # #
About Linda Evans Shepherd
Linda Evans Shepherd, author of 38 books, returns with her bestseller "Praying Through Hard Times (Baker/Revell). A former TV host, Linda's profound insights, love for her audience as well as her humor, and compelling stories make her a great interview. Her Youtube show "The Prayer Investigator," shows the world how to talk to God as she investigates the prayer stories of her guests.
As publisher of Leading Hearts magazine, Linda earned The Evangelical Press Awards for her articles and prayer column, and she also took home the 2023 Award of Excellence for Christian Digital Ministry Magazine. On September 11, 2000, Linda founded the Advanced Writers and Speakers Association (AWSA) after she felt God impressing upon her to connect the Christian women authors and speakers for prayer, training and ministry. Since then, AWSA has grown into a vibrant community of 280 women.
Linda is known for her bestselling novels, The Potluck Club and The Potluck Catering Club which she wrote with Eva Marie Everson, and her nonfiction When You Don't Know What to Pray, How to Talk to God About Anything, When You Can't Find God, How to Ignite the Power of His Presence, as well as Share Jesus Without Fear which she wrote with evangelist Bill Fay. You can learn more about Linda, her other books and works at: LindaEvansShepherd.com.
Suggested Interview Questions
1. Why did your publisher decide to bring back your best-selling book, Praying in Hard Times? Why is its message and inspiration important for such a time as this?
2. What happened in your own life that prompted you to write a book on prayer?
3. How does God use our needs to draw us closer to Himself?
4. What happens when we focus on our needs more than we focus on God?
5. Which of these prayers do you find yourself praying most often?
6. As you pray through these prayers, some hit you with a deeper impact. Can you explain why these ‘wow-moments’ happen?
7. Like the rest of us, you’ve also experienced loss in your life, can you share with us the prayer for Finding Strength in Loss?
8. You also have a powerful prayer named Called to Live. Can you share that one with us and why you think it will help hurting people?
9. How does giving our needs to God help us experience His peace?
10. What is your hope for readers of the book? How do you want this to impact people who pick it up?
11. Please let us know where our listeners/readers can get a copy of the book and stay in touch with your ministry.